11/24/2004

THEOOZE - The faith of a blind man

This is something I need this week. Thank you, God.

The faith of a blind man, of a beggar, and thief,
Is all that I ask from your hand,
That mustard seed grows to the greatest of trees
And gives rest to the sparrows you feed.

You clothe me in lilies, and pour oil on my head
My wounds you have gently caressed,
When I look at my self in the mirror of life
I see nothing but weak fallen flesh.

How can you love me, pursue me like this?
You know I am not what I seem,
But you formed me, and knew me, in all of my weakness,
And have chosen to be Father to me…

You shatter the mountains by the word of your mouth,
With your nostrils you parted the sea,
You raised your dead Son from the grave unto Life,
And you offer His Spirit to me.

The faith of a blindman, of a beggar, and thief,
Is all that I ask from your hand…

by James Schmidt

No comments: